Tafta Inc is a not for profit organisation .
Founded in 2014 by Larissa Murdock and Bronwyn Packwood for the promotion of the creative arts community.
Geelong Fibre Forum will be held on the
1st October to 7th Oct, 2017,
at Geelong Grammar, Corio.
Other Tutors @ Geelong Fibre Forum
Tory Hughes (US) -
50 Biddlecombe Avenue,
Corio VIC 3214
Tory’s engaging and enthusiastic teaching style has encouraged thousands of artists worldwide
to develop mastery and personal voice in polymer artworks. Her jewellery and sculptures are in
permanent collections of major museums in the US. She has been exploring polymer since 1971,
and been in business as an artist since 1984. She currently lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Residential Shared $1050
(All meals included)
Residential Single $1150
(Includes all lunches, daily “facilities’ charge, access to all talks, extra activities plus morning and afternoon tea)
Polymer clays are lightweight, durable, colourful and extremely versatile.
They are flexible enough to become larger pieces, to be extended or hinged into unusual moving pieces, to take on imagery both transferred and hand-
They love mixing it up with other media:
fibre, paper, metallics, paints, wire, wood, feathers, glass, found objects and more.
They can be modelled, carved, painted, drilled, polished, and sewn….
Our workshop will be rich, informative, stimulating, and tremendous fun.
• Begin with immediate hands-
• Create unique blends of colours and images
• Learn a wide range of surface effects
• Enjoy easy sculptural techniques for shapes and objects
• Explore polymer’s happy mixing with other media
• And learn a quick hinge for movement in your larger pieces
…. good thing we have several days.
• You’ll make a number of brooches and pendants and a collection of beads and objects.
• You’ll particularly be encouraged into intriguing and unexpected wearable art.
• You’ll leave with new ideas for integrating this extraordinary medium into your current artwork.
The more comfortable you are with your own aesthetic, and the more you love hands-
experience is not a prerequisite. However please let us know what you feel your experience
level is in both hands-